1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Turf Tracer Bagger screwing up my stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MGenay, Jun 24, 2012.

1. MGenay

MGenay LawnSite Member

Bought a new turf tracer this year with a 48 in deck, absolutely loving it except for one problem. I bag all my yards and the damn bagger is dragging on the stripe next to the one I'm cutting. I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the system (I don't see anything wrong and it is a simple system) or maybe the bagger just has bad design.

The bagger mounting bracket doesn't fit perfectly against the deck, there is a slight outcropping on the deck (looks like a weld which wasn't perfect, unfortunately the out cropping is the thickness of the piece of metal, so I can't just grind it down) which is pushing it off a little, but it does not seem to be effecting the angle of the bagger in regards to the lawn.

I'm stuck emptying the bagger 5 times as often as I should so it doesn't weigh too much and really drag on the grass which is adding up into a lot of time. Double cutting helps a little bit but I still have the problem.

Anyone with experience on this? I know many don't bag with these TT's but for me a Laszr didn't make sense. This is not a situation I am happy with, I haven't had a moment to run down to the dealer yet and I figured I would ask here first.

2. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

IME factory baggers fail when compared to after market catchers. Hopefully some guys here have a solution's for you.

3. Bashby

Bashby LawnSite Senior Member

why can't you grind the outcropping down?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. MGenay

MGenay LawnSite Member

The amount it sticks out is roughly the same thickness of the piece of metal, I don't want to just grind it off. I'll see if I can get a pic later.

5. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

my factory scag bagger did the same. makes a good clean bagged cut look bad. Got an Accelerator bagger and no more problems. It also fills up a lot better than the factory bagger

6. GRASSMONKEYS

GRASSMONKEYS LawnSite Member

I also use and accelerator catcher, they are expensive, but imo well worth the money.

7. TriCountyLawn

^^^^^ This also !

8. MGenay

MGenay LawnSite Member

Bought an Accelerator and I am very happy with it, fills up better, no messing up the stripes, easier to use, etc. Only complaint would be the cloud of tiny grass clippings that follow me...

9. TriCountyLawn

They make some dust screens that go the catchers as well.