Turf Tracer Deck leveling question.

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Shady Brook, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I have I believe an 04 60" Turf Tracer and if equal amounts of washers, and using the same hole in the deck pins, the discharge side of the deck sits nearly 1" lower then the trim side. I can level them out by going up a pin hole and adding washers, but then the deck does not float as it is cocked and wants to bind.

I realize there is some adjustment to the rear pins at the bottom where you can move the nut to change the height, but I fear to make that much of an adjustment on one of the rear corners, the deck will never sit level either.

Tire pressures are similar, and I can not find any reason why the deck would sit this far off.

Any pointers for me.

Thanks

2. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

1" difference in height between the two sides is a ton. If it is really that much something serious is wrong.

My first guess it a bent deck and/or bad cutter housing(s).

You need to pull the deck off and start comparing the heights of the blades.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Either somebody slammed that mower or it has aloooot of hours. our 1988 exmark 60 wore the deck arms alittle but not even close to that bad. It has 3600 hours on it

4. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Jack the back tires off of the ground and measure the circumference of each tire and adjust air pressure to get the circumference of the tires the same, not always going to be equal tire pressures. See if this gets you closer.

5. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Checking the tire diameter was a good idea. With the same air pressure, one tire was nearly 1" taller then the other! Same exact brand and "size" tire, yet quite a discrepency. I wonder if one was over inflated causing some internal stretching and malformation of the tire. Thanks for the ideas guys.