1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Turf Tracer Engine Selection

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Old 5 LawnCare, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Old 5 LawnCare

Old 5 LawnCare LawnSite Member

I will be purchasing a 52" Turf Tracer around the 25th of this month, I hear lots of people raving about the Kohler, but I know lots of people who are completely satisfied with there Kawasaki.

Also, why the choice of the 20 and 23hp Kohler?

Are there any dealers in Georgia who will be having a sale at the end of this month?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Old 5 Lawncare,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

The Turf Tracer has been in the line up for quite a while with a complete face-lift a couple of years ago.

The engine choices are based on feedback our customers give us through out the year. We received a lot of feedback from Turf Tracer HP owners who had the 17 hp Kawasaki and were pretty satisfied with the power to deck ratio. Quite a few felt they would not need 23 hp on a 52" deck and requested the 20 hp Kohler. Both the 23 and the 20 are selling well so it looks like it was a good move.

As far as sales go the dealer decides when he/she promo's a given model. I'd recommend stopping by your Exmark dealer to find out what your actual cost would be on a new unit.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

23 Kohler All The Way!!