Turf tracer??????/exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smarino21, Aug 8, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at a turf tracer 60"?

Is there anything to watch for on this machine and is there anything good or bad about them?

2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Anything that eXmark made before 2005 is acceptable. So if it is 2006, I would say run. More likely you will encouter problem, annoying problems to spend money on. eXmark older stuff, like 1999-2003 are very very good.

3. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

dunno about the 60 but I got a 48 and love it, just about every LCO, in my area cuts with one... They are very easy to change cutting height, the ecs controls are very nice/easy to use, and they leave a great quality cut... what motor does the 60 come with?? U might wanna just step up and get a Z but if u ain't got the cash I'd get the walk behind... Only reason I say to get the Z is because people say on here that a 60 walkbehind isn't nearly as productive as the Z's...

4. smarino21

yea i gota 48 rider but reason looking into a walk is because i cut lota 4k properties and a z is too big i think for them and when a little wet teh lawn gets fcked up. I think a walk is better? What do you think and my avg stop is like 20 mins 2 guys 1 cuts on trims and that. SO i think a 60 walk is faster and alota people will like it better i think the big company around here uses all walks with no velke i will put one of them though.

5. smarino21

yea i gota 48 rider but reason looking into a walk is because i cut lota 4k properties and a z is too big i think for them and when a little wet teh lawn gets fcked up. I think a walk is better? What do you think and my avg stop is like 20 mins 2 guys 1 cuts on trims and that. SO i think a 60 walk is faster and alota people will like it better i think the big company around here uses all walks with no velke i will put one of them though.

so is the z worth it. i got a scag and hate its cutting quality

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

MTR, i don't think that eXmark changed their WBs......eXmark WBs are awsome!!! hopefully they work out the bugs on the triton deck and new hydros and get them working on the WBs too. Hopefully they can get it pretty much right the first time!

7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

They did not change but their assembly line must be on crack, loose nuts, belt chewing like crazy, and its pump have more leak and problem than older models. Why they can't make decent products nowaday like they have been before 2005? I don't know.