1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Turf Tracer HP 48

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CuttinUP, Apr 20, 2005.

1. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Just bought a New 48'' Exmark Turf Tracer HP with the Bull Ridder Wheels. At first I was having a problem with the front coming up. But learning how to be smoother with it and not coming up as much but a little. I was thinking about getting the weights for the front. Can any one give any advice on this?
    Thanks for any help!!! :blob3: :blob3: :blob3:
  2. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

slow down a little and the front won't come up as bad. Get a little smoother on the controls and that will help too. That being said, I've been thinking about the weights too. Does anyone use them?
  3. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

Once you learn the controls, it gets alot easier. I find that I only would like weights when going up steeper hills as it really wants to pop up then. Other than that, just take it easy on the corners and turns and you'll be alright. Slowing down alot helps minmize tearing up the grass when turning/cornering. Good luck!
    Tim. I love my TTHP! :blob3: :cool2:
  4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the Exmark weight kits on both of my TTHP's and it does make a nice difference in helping to keep the front down. I run a Proslide on both of them also. Hope this helps a little.
  5. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

I think that is going to in most cases on hills.What I do with my TT is simply step off of the single wheel velkie on hills! I would rather do that than add extra weight to my mower! :waving:
  6. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same mower. I use the single Velke. The front end stays on the ground except for the steepest hills. I actually wish it were a little lighter in the front for curb jumping, big roots, etc.
  7. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Well, Thanks for the advice! I am learning more each time I get on the mower. This is my first commercial mower. SMOOTH OPERATER!!!
    What about the mulch kit? Does any one use it? I am thinking it would be nice on the yards with multiple landscape beds. Or should I consider the trap door on the discharge?
  8. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

I have been thinking about this myself. I know that trimmertrap makes one, but I have no idea how much they go for.
  9. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

My 48/19 TTHP is in and I pick it up Friday. Now only if my Metro 26's will show up.
  10. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

The mulch kits work great but only after the spring growing season is over. I run them on all my smaller mowers (48 and less) and I get good results. In some wet conditions I may have to clean the deck often but thats OK.
    Takes about 15min to put the kit on.
    I will install them about mid May.