Turf Tracer HP problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grizzly290, May 16, 2003.

1. Grizzly290

Grizzly290 LawnSite Member

Gentleman, I have a problem with my 52" TTHP. It seems to leave a 4 inch swath of grass that is not cut clean. Leaving it a little longer, and maybe a few strands not cut a all. This swath is on the discharge side, just on the inside of the drive tire. I have sharp blades, and have adjusted the blade belt. On thin lawns it isn't that noticeable, but on the thicker lawns, you have to double cut. The blades are 18" long. I think I've seen blades for these that are 18.25" long. Not sure if this will solve this, or even fit my mower. Does anyone have a 52" TTHP that has had this problem? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. - Grizzly

2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like you have something wrong with that one blade.make sure the belt is tight on the blade pulley.make sure the blade isn't worn out.i have seen the ends wear down which would make a trail in between where the blades meet.clean under the deck to.now in high thick grass i have to almost always double cut.it misses a few blades of grass here and there when its real thick.but to have a trail of grass coming from one side sounds odd.never had that happen to me before

3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Check tire pressure and or if the deck is level.

That machine uses 18" blades.

Also check to see the spindles are not bent.

4. Grizzly290

Grizzly290 LawnSite Member

crazygator & mike9497, Thanks for replying to my post. This has really got me puzzled. The mower only has about 20 hours on it. It is a 2001 that was bought as a leftover in October 2002. The blades are new. I've cleaned under the deck. I don't know. I sent an e-mail to Exmark tonight. Hope to hear back from them early next week. I'll have to check to make sure the spindle is not bent. If does not appear to be. Thanks again. Grizzly

5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Had this problem before and after trying all of the above it turned out to be a bent deck ... don't know what the heck they hit. Drove me crazy for a month before I figured it out. Had it straightened and is as good as new ..it was a couple of years ago and can't remember the cost.

6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

kris

i think your right on.somethings got to be bent on the mower somewhere

7. mikeshere89

mikeshere89 LawnSite Member
    from iowa

i feel your frustration, i hope you find a solution quick, i know how i feel when my equipment isnt in tip top condition, **** i dont even want to use it. let alone anyone else..........good luck and let us know what you find out.

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Nothing worse than a mower that has a problem cutting all the grass. It can be maddening.