1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Turf Tracer HP questions

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by abney2002, Oct 24, 2001.

1. abney2002

abney2002 LawnSite Member

Couple of questions for the Exmark people!

1). How much hydro oil does the system on my Turf Tracer HP (48" cut with 17hp KAW) hold?

2). How about some Examrk touch up paint? I like to keep my equipment looking new!

3). What is the retail price on the mulch kit for my mower? Does that come with the blades, etc.? What is the part number?

4). Is there anyway that I can get a KAW engine owner's manual? Is there one? I was wondering what is the recommended procedure for changing the engine oil. Oh yeah, I was also wondering what weight oil that KAW recommends.

5). How can I tell what year model my mower is?

6). Is there any recommended product/procedure that anyone uses to clean underneath the mower deck? Again, I like my equipment to be spotless! I found the best way to keep a mower clean, is to wax it, then the dirt/dust blows off easier after each use. Call me crazy, but it works!

Sorry if some of these are kinda lame, but this is my first Exmark, and I am in "love" with it so far!

2. troberts

troberts LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I'll let eXmark deal with the rest, but the touch up paint can be purchased from any eXmark dealer.

Part Number: 850337

This is of coarse RED, and is spray paint.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Since you asked your questions in such an orderly fashion, I will answer them in the order in which they were asked!

1). The hydraulic system holds approximately 2 quarts.

2). The part number that TMR gave you for the red spray paint was correct.

3). The suggested sale price of the MicroMulch system for your TTHP is $140. This is for all TTHP's with a serial number of 160,000 and above. Remember, this is only a "suggested" price. The MicroMulch system comes with a set of mulching blades, a set of bolt-in mulch baffles, and a cover plate for the discharge opening. The part number is MK483

4). There is a Kawasaki engine owner's manual, and you should have gotten one with your Turf Tracer HP (TTHP). I have a copy of that manual that I can send you if you wish. Send me your address, and I'll put one in the mail. You can e-mail your address to Dustin.Schwab@exmark.com. All of the details for changing the oil and the oil recommendations for your 17-hp Kaw are included in the manual, so I'll just let you read those sections when you get the manual.

5). In order to tell you when your TTHP was built, I need the serial number of your mower. You can include that with your address in your return e-mail.

6). There is no written procedure for cleaning under the deck. The best thing to do is not to let the grass dry before cleaning it. This will make it easier to scrape. Some people also like to coat the underside of their decks with some type of a spray on polymer. Several lawnsite.com members use Mow-Ez and seem to like that. I can't tell you anything good or bad about it because I've never used it. Check out the post "Do you mow in the rain?" in the Commercial Lawn Care forum.

If you like to wash your TTHP, we recommend using low-pressure water. If you powerwash your mower, try to stay away from the spindles.

Thanks for contacting us.

Exmark Customer Care