1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Turf Tracer HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by upsondown, May 24, 2004.

1. upsondown

upsondown LawnSite Senior Member

Gonna talk with dealer today about a 48", 17hpE. What kinda prices have you guys gotten on these units? Pro's and con's on them? Can they handle a bull rider easily? As always - your help is valuable and never gone unappreciated.
  2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had my tthr 48 inch 17 hp kawasaki with a 2 wheeel velkey for around 5 years now and it is still doing great. The hydro unit is the way to go. When it is wet, there are no belts to be slipping in the drive system. The 17 kaw seems to be enough power for the 48 inch deck. It is easy to raise and lower the deck.
    As for price, I don't know. Try and get a demo to see if it would be the mower for you.
  3. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

i got a 52" 17hp for 4800 a few months ago.
  4. Dixie Cutters

Dixie Cutters LawnSite Member

The local Kubota dealer asks $4800 here, so probably about $4600 or somewhere in that range..
  5. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

got my TTHP 48" 17 hp Kawasaki for $4500
  6. upsondown

upsondown LawnSite Senior Member

Have gotten one major run around from the dealers in this area. Called ExMark and got just about the same runaround. They are out of units and won't be producing any until sometime next week (maybe)........so it looks like I'm going with a Scag 48" . Hard to believe how little they seemed to care about taking care of a customers needs. CRAZY !!!
  7. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

$4900 TTHP 48" w/ the 17 HP electric start. Purchased in April '04