Turf Tracer & Lazer

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Haley Lawn Care, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Haley Lawn Care

Haley Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

Hey eXmark I have read a lot about the turf tracer with the electromagnetic clutch and the lazer. I have also read that the tt is the same as a lazer just a walk behind. My real question-- the lazers go about 9mph and the tracers about 6.5. If the engines are the same and the clutches are the same and the deck is the same why the difference in ground speed. I use all wb's on my properties because a rider would not be wise. If you could get the speed up would that not solve all the questions for power and speed combined? That way we could do as much as the riders do. I am not knocking riders-- if I had large properties I would have a rider. However all mine are residential-approx .25 to.5 acres.

David Haley

:) :rolleyes: ;)

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Haley Lawn Care,

Most of the ground speed is in the tires, the bigger the tire the faster the ground speed will be.

The other issue that we might run into is the balance. We have much more weight on the front of the Lazer. My other big concern with a WB going any faster would be safety.

9 mhp or faster is if you came to a sudden halt like hitting something.
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks, Fred.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

David
    Most Of the speed Is trans speed anyway. On the size lawns that you do the TT Will Do great. The 2002's And up will Mow very close to there top speed which is almost 7 MPH. They are lazer Walkbehines Like you said owning And using The TT's Over the years i can say the TT Has Arrived (I just wish they Updated them a Long time ago)

good luck
    John Gamba.

4. John Gamba

from ct

YOUR NEXT TT.

lazer&turftracer resized.jpg

5. Haley Lawn Care

from NC

Hey thanks for the reply. I love the way the 60 in tt looks. Someday I will be mowing with one. Didn't think about the safety issue. Anyway I still have to get used to my first hydro-- the 52" tthp. Hey i would love some posters if you have any to spare.

Take care David

6. Haley Lawn Care

from NC

When can I expect it to arrive? Really love the picture. Thanks a lot. Makes me want to work a lot more so I can get one soner.

David

7. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Haley Lawn Care,

I will see what I can dig up. Email me your address fred.fugett@exmark.com

You can always check your local dealer he can probably get you something as well.

Thanks, Fred.

8. Haley Lawn Care

from NC

Hey John,
    Just wondering if that is the kaw. or kohler on the TT. I like the big canister air filter.

David

9. John Gamba

from ct

Haily
    Its A Kohler. I Like the New Kohlers.
    Sorry It Take So Long to Get Back To You I'm Haveing a Lot Of Problems With the New Computore.

Terry I'll get Back To You today.

Thank You John.

10. Haley Lawn Care

from NC

Hey Fred

I got the posters today. Thanks very much they look great. Now if it will stop raining I can use my eXmark. Thanks again.

David