Turf Tracer maintanance advise

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by metrocane, Aug 21, 2012.

1. metrocane

metrocane LawnSite Member

I just bought a 2011 36 inch S series hydro Turf Tracer. It is new with no hours. Left over inventory.
    I know its under warranty , but I want to know what parts I should keep on hand if I have a failure. I could not afford the time to take it back to the dealer and wait.
    What parts are most likely to fail. And is there a maintanance procedure I am likely to overlook. IE ... hidden grease fitting , an adjustment ... etc. Mechanically I can handle anything on the mower and have any tools that I would ever need.
    The book suggests carbon cleaning and valve adjustments around 300 hours. Kawasaki engine. Is this nessesary, does anyone do it ?
    And lastly, I paid $5125.00 before tax. Was that a fair price

Thanks much

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Belts, couple of height adjustment clips, tensioner springs for the deck/hydro pumps. Other than that you should be good to go for quite a while.

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I loose break the clips alot so yo may want to keep them on hand. I tried to use some from the hardware store but they are to large to work. Belts although I have yet to break one. Tire plug kit.

4. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Tire plug kit.[/QUOTE]

Or, you could just put slime in the rear tires.