Turf Tracer or TTHP?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by weedwoop, May 21, 2003.

1. weedwoop

weedwoop LawnSite Member

Looking to replace my 5 year old tthp 48". Going to go 52" in either the turf tracer or the turf tracer hp. Is there any difference between the two except horse power and tire size? I was thinking the extra horses would be good because I use the sulky often and I also do some light field mowing. Is the bigger machine as maneuverable and does it hold to side hills as good as the tthp? How much more should the turf tracer cost, and is it worth the extra? Thanks, Reg.

2. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

My understanding is that the Turf Tracer has a Heavier duty clutch and also the Turf Tracer has Ultra Cut deck which is deeper than the Trivantage Deck by I believe .75 " or maybe a little more! I would post the question on the Exmark Forum. Terry or one of the other guys on there can give you more details !

3. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got a 52" turf tracer with the 23hp Kawasaki and it sticks to hills like glue. I'm real happy with it . I was using a 1998 60" gravely hydro pro and this new Exmark cuts circles around that old gravely. plus I love the wider stance and wider tires. I would go with the tracer with the big motor you wont be sorry

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Lazer Clutch, Lazer Deck, Lazer Caster Bearings,Bigger tires,ECS,E Brake And so On.
    John.

745resized.jpg

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

John, what kind of sulky are you running on your's and how do you like it?

MATT

6. John Gamba

from ct

Pro-Slide And Yes I Like It, I Have sold that Mower Didnt Need A Walk anymore But i Saved the Pro.
    John

7. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

John,
    That is one Monster of a walk behind ! Which ehgine did you have ?

8. John Gamba

from ct

23 Kohler, Great Engine! Lots Of power For the 52" Ultra-cut, You Can Run double high lifts all day Long :D
    John

9. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

The HP's are more compact & better suited to smaller areas..

I prefer the HP's, simply because we do alot of smaller props..

10. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish they owuld make a turf tracer wiht a 48" deck. I want the extra features that the HP doesn't have, but i want a 48" deck.:(