Turf Tracer or Turf Tracer HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigdaddyspags, Apr 17, 2007.

1. bigdaddyspags

bigdaddyspags LawnSite Member

I'm looking to purchase a new walk behind. I'm trying to decide between the Exmark Turf Tracer 23hp with a 52" deck or the Turf Tracer HP with 19hp and a 52" deck. Are the extra ponies worth the extra size, weight and money? Will I just end up burning more gas in the long run with the 23hp?

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

In tall wet grass you appreciate the 23hp. IMO 19hp is good for a 48" and under w/b.

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

If you want to buy a mower for fuel efficiency, get the 19hp. If you want a mower that you never have to worry about the power and going through thick, tall grass isn't a problem and hardly effects your productivity, get the 23hp.

4. bigdaddyspags

bigdaddyspags LawnSite Member

Anyone have any input on the difference in size, tires, or weight?

5. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Personally, I think the 19hp will be more then enough power. I think the 23hp will just burn to much fuel.

7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

19/52 tthp will do the job, if you want mean machine that is fast and kick ass you have to get 52/23 or 52/27 or 52/28 Z, wb won't do the speed and productivity like the Z. I have 17/52 tthp which is very good on cut as I do have a few properties that require wb for its hills, other than that Z all the way. TTHP or TT won't see dust. As for wb section, I can't see any other wb that is better than eXmark, to be honest, you will love ecs handle.

8. jlouki01

jlouki01 LawnSite Senior Member

We run 60" Turf tracers with 20hp motors and one 23. I think they are in the same ballpark. The 23 eats more gas.