1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

turf tracer purchase

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FineScapes, Feb 26, 2004.

1. FineScapes

FineScapes LawnSite Member

hello,

I purchased a 2001 19hp kaw. 52' turf tracer today, I was considering a new 48' fixed deck viking but just couldn't handle the expense this year. The turf tracer has the floating deck with 900 hours, I never knew they made a 19 hp? Plus next year i want to buy a ZTR AND ONLY USE THE WB ON HILLS ETC. that way don't you think i could get much more life out of it?
    I hope everyone has a good season.:D

2. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I tried out a 03 turf tracer yesterday, one word "WOW" very cool mower, congrats on your purchase. I love the esc handle design, it Handled like a dream. I think I might have to go with X when I buy my next mower! I am close....

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You will love that mower and get alot of hours out of it.
    John

745resized.jpg

4. thelawnkid

thelawnkid LawnSite Member

my old turf tracer had 2500 hours on it before I traded it in for a stander, the mower was still running great

5. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

how does that slider work for you?

I used one for a few days and wasnt too happy with it. If I was going down a hill, the thing kept slidding me under the mower, kinda scarey.

Just wondering how it works for you, or anybody else that has used one

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct