Turf Tracer Quote

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jtkplc, Mar 6, 2007.

1. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I've got my 260Z up for sale because it's too large for the properties I currently have and I'm looking to buy a 52" Turf Tracer. I called up my 2 closest dealers and they want MSRP ($7098) and above for the TT. I couldn't believe they charged so much. I have no relationship with either dealer since I'm switching brands, so do you think that has something to do with them quoting me such high prices? I'm not very experienced with buying equipment, so where should I go from here with these dealers and trying to get a price that is more reasonable? Thanks.

2. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

sounds about right paid 6600 in 2005 and 5300 for turf tracer hp in august2006 they have the best walkbehind on the market

3. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

if you use exmark you sell the gravely 1536 for scrape metal

4. jtkplc

:laugh: :laugh:

5. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

D&G Equipment ?

Who was the other one ?

6. jtkplc

Bates Tractor and Equipment in Coldwater

7. jtkplc

I forgot that I was quoted $6743 for the 52" TT if I buy before their spring commercial open house. So that's I guess more in line with what I thought it would be. Hopefully I can get them to throw in a Proslide and mulch kits for free, then we'll have a deal.

8. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I am about to get a 36 TTHP and was quoted $4800 at one dealer and $4999 at another.

I am gonna sell my 48 Lazer HP with 355 hours on it and hopefully will get the beef of it that way. Dont use the 48 much since I bought a 60" lazer last year.