1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Turf Tracer vs. TT-HP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, Jun 2, 2006.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

I need some help here. I am looking at two different mowers and want to know if the extra money is worth what is offered. I am comparing a 52-23kaw. TT and a 48-19 TT-HP. What I am wanting to know is with this being my only mower, will i be able to go where I need to with the larger deck. Also, I am a large guy (250lbs) and want to run a velkie. Will i be able to get all the performance i need out of the smaller unit, or will it be benefitial to have the larger mower. Any help on this will be great. I don't want to have buyers remorse. Thanks...
  2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

You are comparing apple to orange, the TT is a full size walk with bells and whistle, i.e., hour meter, electric clutch, 23 hp, bigger tire and stronger frame. It is lazer on the foot and very strong. Meanwhile the TTHP is another league even with baby 19 hp is not same level like full-size TT.
    If this is your only mower you need to get the baddest, i.e., full-size TT.
    The TTHP is good as complimentary to your Z, cause it cuts hill, gated yards and steep slope as its forte. The cut quality between the two is in favor of TT. I own TTHP, though it is an excellent all around walk but it is no where near the speed and cut quality of my Gravely Z, again, it is not fair to compare walk to rider or vice versa.
    If you decided to go with TT, why you want to spend over 6k for a walk as you can get a rider which will be a lot more profitable in long term. I am tired using walk exclusively as you intended to from the beginning. I always see TTHP everytime I see eXmark but barely or none see full-size TT.