Turf Tracer vs. Turf Tracer HP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by PaulJ, Nov 23, 2001.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I am considering an Exmark hydro WB maybe next year. I see you make a 52" in the Turf Tracer and the Turf Tracer HP. and I am wondering what the differences in the two are? frame size? track width? engine options? electric clutch? overall weight? etc... :confused:

I am not decided on a 52 or a 48 but I had these questions. Also, how are the belts kept tight on your machines ? Spring tensioners or manually adjusted tensioners?

2. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

the hp has a slightly smaller frame and no electric clutch if i remember right. i think it also has smaller wheels. there are smaller engines on the hp i think 17 or 19 is the highest available while 23 is the highest hp engine on the turf tracer. i dont know how many belts but i think it is 1 and i dont know about the springs or tensioners.

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Groundskeeper,

Turf Tracer vs. Turf Tracer HP

Both machines are designed to withstand the rigors of day in and day out commercial use.

Rather than do a comparison I'll list the features of each for your comparison.

Turf Tracer
    Electric clutch, std. electric start, self adjusting spring loaded idlers on all belts (no adjustments), 18 X 8.5" drive tires, 11 X 4.00 front caster tires, 20 - 23 HP Kohler engines with canister air filters, 23 hp Kawasaki engine, 5.5" deep UltraCut deck, larger engine deck, larger front frame, tapered roller bearings in the front caster pivots and available with ECS controls. Weight = 720 lbs., width 64.2" (deflector down), length 83.4", and height of 45.0".

Turf Tracer hp
    Manual clutching belt, one belt adjustment, all belts on spring loaded idlers, 5.0" deep TriVantage deck, 17 hp Kawasaki engine, 16 X 6.50" drive tires, 9 X 3.5" front caster tires, available in recoil or electric start, pistol grips or ECS controls. Weight = 614 lbs., width = 62.8 (deflector down), length = 75.9" and height of 42.0". All dimensions based on a 52" model

Both models utilize TriVantage technology to bag, mulch and discharge clippings, both utilize Mobil 1 in the hydraulic system, both have an 18,500 fpm blade tip speed, fully welded deck seams, full floating deck with quick height adjustment and 5 gallon fuel capacity.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks

Terry