turf tracer vs. vantage

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Jason Simmons, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons LawnSite Member

Just wondering what's the best turf tracer or vantage. Already got a 48" metro. Looking to up grade next year some yards I got are on hills. Just looking pros and cons

2. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

They are both good. The turf tracer is better imo because if a yard is really wet you can take off the sulky and walk so you don't damage yards.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Jason Simmons

Thanks, I used to live in Houston of fm1960; I went to school at uti of hwy 45 . Work in tomball at lance proplus

4. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Are you keeping the metro? If so vantage all the way. You can walk behind the vantage too, its kinda awkward if your short.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Jason Simmons

Yes keeping the metro, have u ran the vantage in the walk behind position on a hill. How is the cut on the 4 series deck

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Tell you what I picked up a barely used TTHP 36 this season and that mower is the bomb. I have only scraped the deck out one time all season so far. As compared to my Quick 36 which needed at least weekly scraping. TTHP cut is good too - no clogging, even with the trivantage deck.

7. BestImpressions99

BestImpressions99 LawnSite Senior Member

Is Toro or Wright in your area?

8. BestImpressions99

BestImpressions99 LawnSite Senior Member

If the choice is just between the two Exmarks I would choose the Vantage. We have a TTHP we wish we could un-buy. Pretty much all our other mowers we can run at nearly full speed and still cut pretty well (minimal stragglers). Our TTHP, unless it is on 2.5 inches or if @ 3" it can be a bit moist out... nothing but stragglers unless you run it at speed 3. :(

9. Jason Simmons

Posted via Mobile Device

10. Jason Simmons

My metro can have new blades on and i go at speed 2, and still have stagglers seem like the ultra deck isn t as good as tthe old tri vac deck. I used to have scags and I didn t remember any stragglers left after I cut
    Posted via Mobile Device