Turf tracer vs Vride

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by MTenterprises, Apr 17, 2013.

1. KnK

KnK LawnSite Member

im probably doing 50-60 degree slopes with my vride, it doesnt side hill like a walk behind, but your production will go up about 25%-30% and your body will hurt less, as far as scalping, a lighter machine will usually scalp less than a heavier one ,imo

2. CTmower

CTmower LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Im currently looking into getting rid of my 48" TTHP for a 48" V ride but my only concern is the added weight on lawns I do that need the light weight WB. Im a big fan of the Velocity deck since I use a Turf Tiger on my bigger lawns. Have a few weeks until the Scag promo ends so I'll sleep on it for a few more days.

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

In order for a mower to support a man's weight, it must first be built up to support him...thus the beauty of a WB.

4. MTenterprises

MTenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

I've thought about that too. However I just can't decide. Now that I saw the new vantage with ecs and efi today. .... I'm kinda drooling for it. Decisions decisions.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. MTenterprises

The weight is definitely a valid concern. As I drove away from a resi I did with the vride today, the ground in my tracks were mashed down visibly. It's a pretty spongy yard already but this is where a wb might be better for it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. MTenterprises

The vride did good today on a steep sloped dam on my biggest residential. It's days like today when I already need to be on a ztr (72 on this account ) that I wonder how much longer it would be cutting with a turf tracer. It's 5 acres and seems like our never ends. I cannot ride again bc if my back. The vride is productive for sure.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Be sure to demo the vantage with ecs before purchasing. I prefer the z type controls.