1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

turf tracker jr.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by masterpiece1, Apr 25, 2003.

1. masterpiece1

masterpiece1 LawnSite Member

Does anyone out there own a turf tracker jr.? What do you think about the reliability of the unit?
  2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Local guy has one. I looked it over and it seems way too narrow for any type of hills. I also didn't like the cheap Hydrogear unitized hydro's like they use on the homeowner Z's. He said he has already had 1 hydro blow out on him. I would look at their full size unit and pass on the Jr. model. :) ED
  3. Dixie chopper uses the same hydro system in all their gas powered tractors. It is the same quad loop system that is in the 28hp efi DC.

DC does not make a home owner model, they make smaller ones that can fit threw a 36" opening.

That hydro could of blown out on any mower on anyone.

I did agree above that it doesn't look to stable for hills.
  4. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Look into a z-spray unit instead. It is a wright stander converted to spray and spread. I bought one last year and absolutely highly recommend one.
  5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think Dixie makes that Jr. Tracker unit. Go to their web site www.csturfequip.com and see for yourself. The Jr. looks more like an Encore than a Chopper. I know for a fact that the hydro's on the Jr. are unitized Hydrogear pumps. The dealer that did the warranty work on the Hydro's is a good friend of mine. He couldn't believe they would use those cheap Hydro's on a unit that would carry that much weight. I do know that Dixie builds the full size Tracker unit. ED
  6. When did they quit using the 36" Dixie?
  7. masterpiece1

masterpiece1 LawnSite Member

Thank you for your responses. I have contacted Z-spray and they never called me back. I saw one at the midwest turf expo and it looked really heavy duty. I would still like to hear from someone that has a turf tracker unit. Thanks to everyone for your information!