1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Turf Tracker sprayer/spreader

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by MStine315, Mar 2, 2008.

1. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Why stand when you can sit? This is a C&S Turf Care Turf Tracker. 559 hours. 25 HP Kohler Command engine, hydro drive, built on a Dixie Chopper frame. Not a homemade unit by any means, C&S has been making these for years. The last I knew they were selling in the $10-12,000 range. They have since switched to a machine called a Stealth, but parts are easily accessible from Lesco, C&S, Dixie Chopper, Teejet, etc... No specialized parts really. It has a 3 speed Lesco 80 lb. spreader on the front and a belly tank that holds 30 gal. It sprays at 1/2 gal/M so you can do 60,000 ft. on a tank. It has 5 nozzles (Turbo Turfjet) that can spray in any combination of 4', 8' or 12' and also has a hand nozzle. Normal operation is 12' spray and spread with a couple inches overlap. I average 3 acres/hour with it including to and from truck and fill time. With a 200 gallon nurse tank you can do 10 acres. It has a rack above the engine for extra fert or a 15 gal. 12 volt sprayer for Roundup and I also have a hopper extension I'll throw in. I can get different pictures of different angles for someone or e-mail the full size originals with a simple PM. $4,500 or make a reasonable offer.

2. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

Just a thought, price seems a bit on the high side. Not trying to 'dicker-you-down', but I was watching one on eBay a few months ago & it went for $1200 I believe. Actually, one of the guys on here bought it. It had more hours though. I'd think $3k-$3500 would sell quicker.

3. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

So....is that an offer? I don't care if people dicker. If they make an offer that I don't think is reasonable I'll say so. No harm in that. As far as e-bay, I don't put a lot of stock in equipment like this compared to what it sells on e-bay. You'll see 6 of these a year on the very high end and you don't get a real feel for what a good average is, IMHO.

Also, it does have a hitch on the back and I use it to pull a 60" Lesco aerator. Handles it great, even with 2-3 bags of fert for weight.