Turf

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by orion, Jun 17, 2001.

1. orion

orion LawnSite Member

Is there an artificial turf that is soft and resembles grass that I can use to replace my dying Texas grass? I just moved to this area and the grass is a nasty, narly,'sticky-burr' grass that resembles the beaches of Cape Cod.

2. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: Artificial shouldn't be too hard but the soft part may getcha. :laugh:

You might try a semi-local company that installs putting greens. I think I saw once that the Northern catalogs offer artificial turf. Good luck!

3. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Just like turf grass.

Now I probably am making a mistake by doing this since landscape and lawn maintence is how we make a dollar. Good luck.

4. Ron Persaud

Ron Persaud LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Artificial plants undoubtedly have a place in our lives but the living leaf provides us with our lives. It is the powerhouse of energy that will purify the air which we breathe, provide us (directly or indirectly) with food, shelter, medicine and other products which improve the quality of our lives. So nurture a blade of grass, a flower, a tree or the rainforest and ensure continuity...

5. orion

orion LawnSite Member

Well my other option is to pave the whole thing and turn it into a basketball court. Not too much oxygen coming out of that now is there?