turfcaresupply

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jbturf, Jul 15, 2008.

1. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

any one know if we can purchase product
    direct form them, under their in house label
    growstar?

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

jb

I tried since they have a blending plant just 50 miles from me. Even offered to buy tailing and mis-blends at the plant. No Luck.

3. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

They have some years left on the contracts with Lesco and uap still, selling to the public would void those deals and at that point they would have to find other companies to rape, TCS is a very bad company and if you have any problem at all with jdl or uap's pricing then why in the world would someone want to go straight to the source with OOO zero buying power and get bent over a pallet with a handful of sand??

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

PSU

I will strongly disagree with you about TCS products being sand. They bought the old Lesco plants and blend one of the cleanest blends. If you don't like the way it responded for you, You purchased the wrong blend.

Now as far as prices go, I have always busted Lesco about prices. I am now getting better prices from JDL on certain products. Fertilizer is not one of those things I get good prices on, But I like a few blends that give me great response on Ornamental plants in my area. I don't use their fertilizer on turf.

5. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Actually the handful of sand comment had nothing to do with the fert.

6. jbturf

just a thought, as i have a plant about an hour away from me- as well.

what do you think the purpose of that growstar label is?

7. jbturf

now come to think about some, i know some local friends who own/run an
    orchard, and they buy direct from the hatfield plant.
    different product/sales procedures i guess