turfco bed edger

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lawn and stump, Mar 6, 2005.

1. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

I was looking at a turfco edger to edge stone beds at a condo
    Nobody seems to rent them in Ct. and I don't want to buy one without trying it first. This type of edger is like a sod cutter and shouldn't throw rocks.
    Anybody used one?

2. scagster

scagster LawnSite Member
    from n.ohio

yeah we own one, you can edge rock beds,but its a rough ride for the operator. the blade hits the rocks and will shake you up a bit,but i have used it in this capacity several times

3. rigidone

rigidone LawnSite Member

I have used a Brown bed-edger for about 40hrs. It performed well and was easy to steer. I am sure they will all shake the bejusus out of you and I assure you I death grip the handle bar on mine but, I am left with a consistent quality edge every time. I can get you some pics if interested.

4. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

I have a friend with a brown edger and it's great for making new beds and doing wood mulch beds. But this condo has beds with 3/4 inch stone and the brown would throw the soil on top of the stone.

5. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Have used one for 6+ years.

Superior unit. It does beat the operator a little but it seems to be just fine for doing that type of edging. Tree rings are also great with the unit. Very clean and tight.