Lawn Care Forum banner

Turfco Dealers?

7K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  straightlineland 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I had thought that Turfco only sold direct, but it appears that my main fert/ag chem supplier is now selling T-3000s. Got to actually see and play on one for the first time yesterday. Pretty cool. It would be cool if they started carrying other Turfco products and parts. I have been itching to pull the trigger on a Turnaer 6, but have not been comfy with the lack of any local parts/service availability.

#2 ·
I would think parts would not be a big issue since they are selling Turfco T-3000's. Of course, the parts they will be most likely to have on hand will be for that. Lack of sales/service for anything I use is a real problem in my area. Ordering parts out of Kansas,Nebraska, Iowa and Indiana (sometimes next day air depending on how bad I need them) and doing the work myself has been all I know since being in this business.

#3 ·
Frick Services in Sugar grove, Illinois also is a dealer. They are the Pro App guys. Great people to deal with.

#4 ·
We got our last T from Zimco Supply. They have 2 locations in our state, and they also sell us fertilizer. Most folks buying the 2011 model are opting for the electric start ($200), but we like the pull start just fine. We usually get parts in less than 24 hours, but we're less than 5 hours away from TURFCO. I don't know if you save money by buying from a dealer, but it's nice they have them so you can check 'em out.

Lawn Tamer -- I didn't realize you guys in Utah used ride-on equipment. Figured you let the wives out with push spreaders. :laugh:

#6 ·
When we first demo'd the T back in '07, we had heavy rains the previous two days. First thing we did was drive it up & down a steep/wet ditch in front of our office. We had never seen a unit that could do this before. Then we checked out the spray/spread capabilities. If turfcobob would not have stopped by, we may have made a different choice. It sure pays to demo before buying. Good point. :usflag:

i think any machine no matter who makes it is nice to see in person and look it over and drive it before you buy....

#7 ·
When we first demo'd the T back in '07, we had heavy rains the previous two days. First thing we did was drive it up & down a steep/wet ditch in front of our office. We had never seen a unit that could do this before. Then we checked out the spray/spread capabilities. If turfcobob would not have stopped by, we may have made a different choice. It sure pays to demo before buying. Good point. :usflag:
Hissing...Gregory....it doesn't matter....you Floridians are all the same...:rolleyes::dizzy:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

#8 ·
Lawn Tamer -- I didn't realize you guys in Utah used ride-on equipment. Figured you let the wives out with push spreaders. :laugh:
I wish. My wife would only push a spreader if it was full of cash. :laugh:

I have never used a ride on, and most companies don't, a few that specialize in commercial properties do. I have only seen 3 guys out on ride-ons EVER. 2 PGs and one Z-spray.

Most of the lawns I treat are about 5k.

#10 ·
I agree with mike from DLCS. Guys from Pro-ap are real good. They go above and beyond and Jack really makes every effort to handle issues.

I am somewhat disappointed with turfco and there customer service. They promote and show on youtube the machine going over curbs...afterall how are you going to get to the grass in many cases, yet they finally added a skidplate to protect the hydrostatic trans. That doesnt do me a great lot of good after we shear a bolt off and crack the trans casing (mind you, barely a scratch on the trans so he could not have hit it too hard). A new tranny is $1200.00. Thanks to jack they got the case welded, hopefully it will hold but at least he tried and didnt charge me, not to mention lent us a loaner.

It would also be nice to have a selection on engines, especially since turfco is useless if you have a problem with the B&S engine.

#11 ·
Tim from Pro-Ap was here yesterday. (they sell T's). We both agreed that the T3000 is currently "unmatched".

We try to avoid driving over curbs when possible, cuz we think this is common sense. Yet we still do it occasionally. The '08 models were quickly upgraded with the underneath shield (just like Chevy Z71 pickups) that SAME YEAR ......so now I'm windering about what you are saying. "They finally added a skidplate"??? This was back in 2008 (not recently). Maybe we've just been lucky, but we have never sheared any bolts of any kind either.

Regarding T3000 engines -- maybe we've been lucky again :laugh: We sold two 2008 T3000 units with about 750 hours on them. Engines were as strong as ever. Never any oil usage either. (After a few hours of use, we switched to full synthetic 5W-30 motor oil).

Regarding TURFCO service --this is one of two reasons we prefer TURFCO. The other is quality of equipment. We receive parts within 24 hours. They always answer their phones. What more do you want? Wash your car or do your laundry? :laugh:

Regarding trying to weld a cracked transaxle....that ain't something we would do. Our T's are too valuable to n*gger rig, etc. IMO this is also common sense.

I agree with mike from DLCS. Guys from Pro-ap are real good. They go above and beyond and Jack really makes every effort to handle issues.

I am somewhat disappointed with turfco and there customer service. They promote and show on youtube the machine going over curbs...afterall how are you going to get to the grass in many cases, yet they finally added a skidplate to protect the hydrostatic trans. That doesnt do me a great lot of good after we shear a bolt off and crack the trans casing (mind you, barely a scratch on the trans so he could not have hit it too hard). A new tranny is $1200.00. Thanks to jack they got the case welded, hopefully it will hold but at least he tried and didnt charge me, not to mention lent us a loaner.

It would also be nice to have a selection on engines, especially since turfco is useless if you have a problem with the B&S engine.

#12 ·
Americanlawn,
I agree, I am not for half-ass repairs. I want my tranny replaced under warranty. That is my point. Turfco refused to warranty the trans and my unit only has 50 hrs on it. We purcahsed the unit last august. It was a 2010 model with no skid plate. Jack from turfco came out and even took pictures showing that there was never a skid plate. We take care of our equipment, i got mowers that get 3800hrs on an engine, 3 yrs on string trimmers and blowers before needing replacement. So abuse of equipment or lack of maintenance are not the issue here.

I also agree with not going over curbs if possible, but it is enivatable and unavoidable on some properties. And like i said, watch turfco's youtube video, they make a point to show you how easy it is.

One of the reasons I purchased this machineover permagreen (pos) and z-spray was because all my research on posts on lawnsite said how great turfco was on standing behind their product. I am just sadly disappointed at this point. I am also disappointed that turfco cannot or will not refer us to someone at briggs and stratton about our engine issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.