Turfco Direct ? anyone purchase

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Daniels, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Daniels

Daniels LawnSite Member

Has anyone dealt with Turfco Direct we are looking at a TurnAer 26 with chariot ---then I saw a Bed edger for less than 1/2 what my local dealer wants -it is a different model but that is alot of cash.......

2. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

I have and now my staff argues over who gets to use the Turfco equipment.
    We started a contest that whoever was the most efficient worker of the week got the turfco aerator for the next week.

Worked out very well. I will most likely have to replace all our aerators with the turfco before spring.

3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I think Turfco is or was a Textron company. I came to find out about them when I did a search for topdressers. They have a good looking one too.

4. troy03

troy03 LawnSite Member

I bought my bed edger from them this spring. Fast service and great people to deal with. Would definitly use them again.

5. Daniels

Daniels LawnSite Member

How is the bed edger working out ? time savings? better looking work?

6. troy03

troy03 LawnSite Member

The bed edger is amazing. It has worked flawlessly so far. Its give consistant results everytime. Customers are always impressed with the results. The time saving is unreal, never going back to using only a shovel for edging again

7. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

DITTO Turfco is awesome. I love the edger. Their service is excellent.

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Turfco 20 Dethatcher that I'm going to unload. PM me if you want more info!!

9. Turfco Tim

Turfco Tim LawnSite Member

Tharrell,
    Turfco was purchased from the Kinkead family in the mid-60's by the Allegheney Ludlam Co. which at the time owned Jacobsen. When Textron purchased Jacobsen in the late 70's the Kinkead family re-purchased Turfco from them. Turfco is still owned by the Kinkead family today.
    If you need any info on Turfco top dressers let me know.
    Tim Gray

10. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Tim, I stand corrected. I'd love to have one of those topdressers but, then I'd have to have a skidsteer to load it!
    Most properties could use topdressing from what I've seen.
    I also really like the idea of "riding" an aerator!