1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Turfco equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Holloway Lawns, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I am wondering if any one has heard of a company called Turfco and or used thier equipment such as thier Aerator, Edger, Seeder & Sod Cutter?
  2. F.V.L.C.

F.V.L.C. LawnSite Member

Used the edger for 2 years, we like it and it seems to work OK
  3. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

stay away from there sod cutters. We have had nothing but problems. Also the local Toro Golf distributor stopped selling them b/c of to many warrenty claims. Blades breaking, frames cracking and such. The rest of the stuff is pretty good.
  4. I've seen their equipment at shows and its seems to be well built. My only concern with them is no local parts supplier.
    The new 26" aerator that turns with brakes was interesting. If you want to do a search, I think there was a thread about a month ago.
  5. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

Sounds good to be able to turn and not pick up!
  6. str8stripes

str8stripes LawnSite Member

I just picked up one of their sod cutters at an auction yesterday for $8.00. Are they really that troublesome? mine looks pretty good, it's dirty but no cracks in the frame, everything works. Where can i get parts? thanks
  7. www.turfco.com
    Hope it works out, wont need much use to earn back its cost.
  8. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the contact info. I do have it and requested more info from them. They even have marketing items to help get the work. I like that.
  9. str8stripes

str8stripes LawnSite Member

Thanks Bob, I will be checking out the website. I figured for $8 bucks I couldn't go wrong. I usually end up renting a few times a year anyway. Maybe I'll save a bit on rental fees :D