Turfco T3000 herbicide settling problems

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by IRRITECH, Jan 9, 2013.

1. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

The Barricade is just as bad at the 1-1.25lb/acre rate. I had to leave my ride-ons at idle with the pump running between stops. Even at that the tip screens would occasionally clog. Barricade/simazine mix is even worse. I did not wear out the pump though. The one machine has 1000+ hrs on it with the original pump. However, its a Z not a T.

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

The T3000i is designed to "spread & spray" at the same time. Since fall of 2007, we have never experienced any problem whatsover.

Anybody trying to run WP's in a low volume unit is asking for problems.There are better/newer pesticide options.

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

What do you have that is better in the Fall than Princep/Simazine for Bermuda and St Augustine turf?

4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I cannot answer your question sir. My market is different than yours. Wuz texas - now Iowa.

I worked in Dallas, Houston, Austiin, and San Antonio back in the 70's /80's.

Texas has been & always will be my favorate State/Country,

God bless.

5. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys. Seems that there is an issue. I do have better luck when I agitate constantly.

Rate: princep. 64oz
    Barricade 16 oz

6. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

We only use broadleaf control in the tanks of our T3000i. To get crabgrass control, we use dry dimension with the fertilizer.