Turfco Turnaer 26

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HarryD, Nov 15, 2003.

1. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone else seen this new Aerator. I can not tell if it pulls plugs or just has tines. It says coring tines but did not see any plugs in the video. If it is as easy to run as a mower as they claim I mite have to get one looks pretty fast in the video

http://www.turfco.com/turfcodirect/html/turnaer26.html

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Harry there was a : at the end your link so it might not work.

[​IMG]

3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Harry I saw one of these at the NTF conference last spring. It Is a core aeratr. The tines and rest of machine are similar to the bluebird Classen/lesco, and ryan aerators. It uses a differential and brakes to turn. I havn't tried one but I would like to. There is a Turfco rep near Ceresco NE. but I can't remember his name. Maybe the turfco web site can help you. If I find the name and number I will let you know.

4. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i rented one this fall for all my work. I will never go back to a standard unti again. Being able to turn with the turn brakes made life so much easier. yes they pull a plug

5. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

longveiw
    hows it do on hills? and how does the wheels work. I hate my lawnaire IV thing is rotten on hills. Going to be replacing it this next season

Thanks Paul

6. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i don;t have that many hills, but the ones i do have it worked fine. No problems at all. The wheels fold up like all other units. Kinda tricky at first but after you do it once or twice it is easy. It is hard to explain what you have to do though. Good luck