Turfco XT5 initial review after several hours use

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Sep 22, 2011.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i would like the videa larry

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

American Lawn, yes I got your pm with tine spacing ....and frankly this seems too good to be true on rolling tine machine. I have tine spacing data on most every common machine on the market.

Ok this is a question for Turfco. OK left right spacing is 3.8"..... but is the for and aft spacing really 5.5"...? or is this a diagonal measurement...? If it is truly 5.5" fore and aft this makes the Turfco the tightest spacing mathematically of any Walk Behind "rolling tine" aerator.

Even tigher than the Plugr 400, 410 and 600 shown below :confused:

400-600plugr.PNG

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  3. kennc38

kennc38 LawnSite Senior Member

This topic keeps you up at night doesn't it? I've never seen someone so obsessed with tine spacing...:)

4. Exact Rototilling

How did you know..:laugh: I'm trying to find the file David from lawn solutions posted on LS years ago and it showed the tines measured diagonally and north and south. For more time than I care to admit I was telling everyone on lawnsite lawn solutions has the tightest patter roling tine unit on the market @ 3.5" x 6". Then one day I measured my machine and it turned out to be 3.5 x 9...making it the least dense pattern in a WB unit...:hammerhead:
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Dude give the tine spacing a rest, what is it with you as far as that goes. I don't think any customer is ever going to come out and ask you what the tine spacing is on the aerator. If you want to know this why don't you do your own work and call each manufacturer.:dizzy:

6. Exact Rototilling

Been there done that. I have data on most WB units out there. Called Turfco earlier in the year...they told me 5.5" but they also said same as their other machines but spacing has been confirmed on those other TURFCO Turnaires by physical measurement @

4" left to right
    7 1/2" fore/aft :confused:

When a double pass [my ultra service with Plugr 850 - deliver a $#it load of plugs] can only be matched by 4+ passes with a rolling tine unit it matters when one is trying to address thatch and top dressing effect etc.

I price my rolling tine service lower...Plugr is higher.

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Thought I had your email address, but I don't. Just phone numbers & address.

R, could you kindly send me your email address? (PM or email). Then I will forward two ISU videos of LS vs XT5. Your Iowa bud, Larry :waving:

8. Plugnalawn

Plugnalawn LawnSite Member

Hello everyone, I have narrowed i tdown to these two aerators to start my business. Does anyone have any input on the pros and cons vs each other.
    Performance, physical output, maintenance etc...Thanks again,Plugnalawn

9. Exact Rototilling

Which two aerators:

XT5 vs Lawn Solutions/Toro/Exmark 21 Wb
    -or-
    XT5 vs Plugr 850/855 hydro?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

pogo stick and redbull random hole spaceing