Turfgrass Actually Reduces Carbon Footprint

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Oct 8, 2008.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I know I've heard it from some of my more environmentally conscious clients. I bet some of you have heard the same thing; that lawnmowers are bad for the environment and therefore less lawn or no lawn is better for the environment. It's hard to argue with people who think they are righteous unless you have some good evidence to back yourself up.

Well, I found this great article in the August issue of "Total Landscape Care" Magazine. I went online and found the same article on their website too. It's a great article. And for those customers you have who are feeling guilty or considering getting rid of their lawn, now you have something you can show them to make them feel a whole lot better about having a lawn.

http://www.totallandscapecare.net/apps/news/articletlc.asp?id=71163

2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Too many tree hugging hippies in Beaverton. That's gotta suck.

3. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

Looky here, Al Gore!

I got your carbon footprint right here!

:cool2:

4. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Don't tell this to the "organic forum"... they will riot.

5. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Those scientists need to come to Mississippi and do a study on how many acres of turf grasses are destroyed each year by fire ants. Then compare the lawn mower emissions to the loss of absorption caused by the ants!! Betcha a quarter the ants win!!

Give me a break!!!

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:.............................

7. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

WHO CARES! We are on the verge of an economic meltdown!

8. JimLewis

Economic meltdown? Who cares??? Sheesh man, you gotta relax a little. We can get through this economic crisis. You just gotta "Have faith and nothing will be impossible", right?

9. JimLewis

That may be true. Beaverton is still one of the more conservative areas in the greater Portland-Metro area. But these types of environmental issues are on a majority of American's minds these days. Environmental concerns are no longer something for the fringe looney left. These concerns are pretty mainstream these days. And it helps to be able to set them straight with articles like this before they freak out and have you take out their lawn.

10. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Just what we need: people gettin' all responsible and stuff on us. They already took away all our good chemicals! :laugh: