turfgrass ipm

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy82, Mar 23, 2001.

1. ok- here is the thing i work for an old couple. i cut the grass at their home last year and they didnt put down any chemicals, they dont like them. so i was talking with the old guy today and said to him after seeing old pictures of his home that at one time they had a very green lawn. i mentioned to him that i would like to start them on an ipm program for the lawn. which is about 3 acres or so. the lawn varies from flat and dry, to flat and wet, or hilly and shady. the account is kind of high profile, because of location and the history of the house, as well as the fact that i keep my stuff there and that a large local tree guy has his yard there. but it is not that high profile of an account because they dont really care what the property looks like, just as long as the lawn is cut and it is somewhat neat. here is what i am planning on doing:

take soil samples to cornell
    lime and perform any other corrective messures
    light thatching
    core aerate
    overseed shade areas with shade tollerant varieties
    probably top dress (they get a truckload of dried horse manure every year) either that or some of this new stuff.
    do WIN treatments every 7 weeks or so.
    fall feeding
    gonna cut it high (3")
    and i may have to treat for grubs (about 10m of coverage necessary)
    anything else you guys can think of for an ipm program for turf basically just to keep it green and growing.
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Dont forget to place the markers with a date and time of app after applying anything to the property as dictated by the DEC. :)