Turflex custom built roller, striping sale

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J D CRUSTA, Sep 12, 2003.

1. J D CRUSTA

J D CRUSTA LawnSite Member

Due to popular customer request, we are extending our sale price of 160.00 plus shipping on the TCA-0230 striping attachment. We are placing some on ebay for convenient purchase, or contact us. We are also offering for auction at ebay a custom built, non-production striping attachment. Only 2 of these were ever built. One is in use and this is the last one. I will post pics 2 boxes down .
    The ebay link for the TCA-0230 is:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2346125425

tca-0230.jpg

2. J D CRUSTA

TCA-0230 mounted to a Gravely in Michigan. Unit is adjustable, so much less chain need drag behind the mower.

4.jpg

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

any pics before & after of a striped lawn with that gravely?

4. J D CRUSTA

bsdeality, just an "after"
    Softball field around Jackson, Michigan created with the outfit shown above.

1.jpg

5. J D CRUSTA

This is a pic of the custom built unit we are selling at auction. Unit has never been used. Roller is constructed of solid UHMW. Attachment is fully adjustable, and very heavy duty. The blue connection is a special rubber torsion suspension system, which allows the roller to absorb shock from all directions. The ebay link for this item is:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2346628367

lsebay.jpg

6. J D CRUSTA

another pic

ls2ebay.jpg

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

JD how easy is it to load/unload from a trailer and what i'm refurring to is the kit on the Gravely? would'nt you have to keep moving it up and down every time?

Thanks

8. J D CRUSTA

lazer z: The owner of the Gravely actually has the attachment as low as can go, which is unnecesary. (He has since raised it, and tells me his results are still good) So in actual use the bottom bar is higher off of the ground than pictured. So to answer your question, there is no interference when loading/unloading from a trailer. The chain bar is ordinarily up and close to your mower frame, so it doesn't scrape. The rollers make it impossible for the attachment to get stuck in expanded metal or the expansion joints of your trailer decking.

9. How do you attach a velke behind that roller?

10. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

the hell with the velky, i want to know how you walk behind that thing? i'd be tripping over it all the time.... unless! oh yes! i could wear roller blades and stand on the roller and just skate around on it like it was a giant velke!!