Turflex Rollers, Need Opinion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FatherandSon, Sep 8, 2003.

1. FatherandSon

FatherandSon LawnSite Member

We are running 2 Scag Turf Tigers, 2001-52" and a 2002 60". Neither stripe worth a darn..... Am considering trying the Turflex system and would like to know if anyone has used it and your opinion of it.

Tried a roller system and the roller bent right away on rough lawns.

Please let me know your opinion before I spend $200 plus

Thanks,

Don Montross, Sr.

2. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

Sorry man i'm not sure, maybe do a search. :)

3. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

you can make one for $60.00.plate of steel or a pipe.some chain and a few bolts.thats what i did

4. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

ditto what he said, but I had a 3/8 inch steel rod, bought 20 bux worth of chain, cut it in 8 inch lengths, welded it on the rod, and u-bolted the rod to the rear axle. Works for me, but I did it mostly to disperse clippings into the grass as we have bermuda that doesnt stripe.
    Norm

5. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

yeah SCAG mowers dont stripe at all......

29small.jpg

6. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I'm almost complete with turf tiger chain roller kit.I'm using 5/16 chain.The whole thing weighs 50lbs,it bolts into rr pulley cover with existing hdw.Its pretty much complete,just need to fine tune and paint.I will post pics when complete.

7. FatherandSon

Thank you all for your responses, is greatly appreciated. Lawnsmith, I sure am glad to see that your Scag's stripe so nice but ours do not. What can I say. Is embarassing when a customer tells you that they like their neighbors lawn that was done with an Exmark. We are trying, like the durability of Scag but cannot get either of them to stripe......

8. rotgg

rotgg LawnSite Member

just buy exmarks they last along time and they have a better cutt

9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

FatherandSon. what's your cutting height? it should be somewhere around 3.5" for some good stripes. Plenty of guys around here run SCAG's and they're all striping. It also depends on teh grass, broadleaf is generally harder to get to hold the stripe for more than a couple days.

10. FatherandSon

BS cut at either 3.5 or 4" depending on the growth, still can't get a stripe. Have to do something soon. Thanks for the reply