turfquip tq110

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bryanc3po, Jun 19, 2003.

1. bryanc3po

bryanc3po LawnSite Member

i was wondering if for lawns for hydroseeding this machine will do...til i can afford a 300gal ....typical residential size of lawns are between 5,000 and 10,000 sq.ft

2. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

Bryan, I know you want outside opinions but let me jump in here and say a few things before you commit to a machine that is inappropriate for your needs.

First, the capacity of this machine is 33 lbs. of cellulose mulch per tankful. When you do the math, that means you would be able to spray 1200 s.f. per tankful at the 1200 lb/acre rate (a coincidence) but only 1000 s.f. at the 1500 lb/acre rate.

Next, any size job can be sprayed with any machine. The issue you will be up against is "efficiency". If you're average lawn is let's say 7,500 s.f., then that's a lot of trips to the water source. Some TQ 110 customers carry a 350 to 450 gallon nurse tank with them which helps a bunch.

In all honesty, you will save money with this machine at the initial purchase due to it's affordability. But you'll lose some of that advantage every time you use it compared to say, owning a 300 gallon machine which has a capacity of 100 lbs. per tankful, giving you coverage of approximately 3600 s.f. at the 1200 lb/acre rate; and 2900 s.f. at the 1500 lb/acre rate.

I always advise my customers to purchase the largest machine they can afford.

Hope this helps :)

3. worthbrown

worthbrown LawnSite Member

I agree, you will lose alot of time filling up that many times. I have a 600 gallon machine, and do mostly 1 acre yards. I wish I had an even bigger machine, but it works very well for my needs. I can usually spray 40,000 to 60,000 sq ft per day.