Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by CSLC, Mar 20, 2010.

1. CSLC

CSLC LawnSite Member

Here is a few jobs I have done. I am open for constructive criticism....:usflag:

2. CSLC

CSLC LawnSite Member

Rustic Walk way

3. CSLC

CSLC LawnSite Member

I have more to come....So please comment
  4. glaciator

glaciator LawnSite Member

The brick looks ok. I'm not partial to manufactured stone. Is the brick salvaged old brick or new? I like natural stone much better.
  5. CSLC

CSLC LawnSite Member

The brick are new. Its a clay paver. The customer wanted to make it look like it was before we ripped it up. The difference is that we used poly sand and the old walk way was mortared. I think it came out well. I don't mind working with ether one. They both can be fun....
  6. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

The brick matches well, ties in as if its been there a long time + once the grass fills in. The stoop needs flagstone.
  7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

The porch (steps) need handrails to meet the local building code.

In the event the owner's great aunt Helen falls down those steps, guess who's liable.

You have 5 rises. Some counties say you needs rails with 2 risers or more. Some counties say 3 risers or more. You have 5, so I am 99.9% sure you're not in compliance.

When we do jobs without safety rails I'll stick the following into the contract:

Handrails / Safety Rails
    Handrails / Safety rails are to be fabricated, furnished, and installed by others. However, contractor can sub-contract this service to a qualified iron fabricator/installer for additional fees not included in the Agreement Amount stated below

8. CSLC

CSLC LawnSite Member

I am not looking for that kind of criticism lol..... These are jobs I have done for workinig for a company I am not the owner. Other wise I would have included that into the contract. There were not hand rails on the old set...I was told to build them exactly the same as they were before. The old ones were just solid pore concrete but the ny weather was starting to eat them up. So we did versa-lock double face silverstone with limestone caps. The brick is browns charcoal blend 4x8's
  9. Crash

Crash LawnSite Member

Looks good...but on the porch did you stagger your seams? Looks like they're right on top of one another.
  10. CSLC

CSLC LawnSite Member

The customer did not want staggered seams...sometimes you just have to go against how it is suppose to be...You know...