1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Turftracrer 52" or Vantage 52"?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Jan 19, 2011.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Well it looks like I will be needing to buy another walk behind and I have came down to either a turftracer of a vantage. I have a tthp and love it, but the new vantage looks nice. Anyone heard of how well they cut. My dealer said a vantage would only be another $400. I have done a search for the vantage but really haven't come up with anything as far as people saying how they mow and if they are better than having a walk. Please let me know!

2. KFLAWN

KFLAWN LawnSite Member
    from Mi

for 400 I would go for the vantage. Also they both have the ultra-cut deck so I would say both are going to cut the same.

3. FinerCutslawnCare

Very true. I heard the vantage controls will be hard to get used to, that is if you are walking behind it. I am wondering how it will handle on a hill also. But yes for $400 you would think it is a no brainer. One thing the vantage doesn't have is a floating deck to where the turftracer does.

4. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

In the stand on market there are other brands that will be better then the vantage. They do make a nice walk mower though.

5. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, I would go with the turftracer. Very solid machine and as you mentioned the floating deck would be the reason I would go with it. If you do decide to go with a Stand-on machine though, I would look at Wright as their new stander X is very impressive.

6. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

Remember that the Vantage weighs over 400lbs. more(plus your weight on it) than the Turftracer.If you have soft lawns they will rut.

7. FinerCutslawnCare

All of you make good points. As far as brand I am wanting to stick with exmark. Anyone else have an opinion? The vantage or tt will be used on commercial properties. They will probably never see a residential lawn there whole life.

8. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

The only other thing I have against the Vantage is you stand so far back on the platform it makes the front end light. You can add a weight kit but still touchy.

9. turftracerhp

turftracerhp LawnSite Member
    from mo

the tthp will cut on some hills where the vantage wont go and the cut is second to none everyone has an opinion and i would stick with the tthp and the vantage only comes in a 48 unless exmark made a 52 this year or is that incorrect i dont know thats just what i would do

10. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

The vantage deck is an ultracut while the tthp is a trivantage. There is some disagreement over which cuts best. My experience has shown that the ultracut is better in wet/damp conditions with less front blowout. If you are going to have only one mower the wb might be the better choice. Otherwise, I would lean toward the vantage. Btw, the vantage is available with 52" deck.