turn echo into a red max?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Apr 25, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Is it possible to take the head off my echo trimmer and put my red max one on? I have my red max w/ the a blown motor hanging in the garage........ I know one the bolt is attatched to the head, and the other screws on to the bolt on the trimmer... maybe I could "rig" something up:confused:
    This is how much I hate the trimmer, I have to use me very missed red max vicariously through the echo.
    I'm not being cheap, I just put out alot of money this year so far. I put in another thread that got moved for some reason, I did about 60 - 70 cleanups (thatch and fertilize) and only recieved about 10 checks so far!!!!!! I'm working out of pcket right now.

2. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

There is a little hole in the side of the housing just above the trimmer heat where you will have to insert a small round piece of steel to lock the trimmer head down before unscrewing it. I mostly use an allen wrench. The trimmer head has left hand treads, so turn it clockwise and it should come off.

Once the head is off, you will have to determine the thread size and pitch of the threaded stud on your Echo. If they are the same (I doubt it) you can just screw the Redmax head on. But I think the Echo has a 10mmX1.0 thread, so you will have to find an adapter to go inside the Redmax head. I suggest you contact your Redmax dealer for help on the adapter.

3. Leisure Lawn

Leisure Lawn LawnSite Member

fga...

Which Echo trimmer are you using?? We use the SRM-260S trimmers and love them!!

You have to compare apples to apples and prices to comparable prices to get a true comparison