1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Turn out the lights, the party is over!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MSS Mow, Nov 9, 2006.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I just sent my final invoice for the 2006 mowing season. The grass cutting is officially over in my neck of the woods.

It's been a good year, added about 15 residential mowing accounts - goal was 10. Looking forward to a relaxing winter with a little snowplowing and caretaking to keep me from going insane on the couch. :dizzy:

I plan to spend a considerable amount of time this winter marketing both existing customers and new customers.

This year was interesting for me. I've been mowing lawns for about 15 years now, always as a second job. This year, it became my primary - I still held another job. But, the other job was part time. It was a difficult transition from part time mower boy to the lawn care professional. (Harder for some clients, not me). Overall, I'd say one of the hardest challenges has been raising prices from my "Lawn boy" prices to a "professional" price to provide a living. Many customers were already properly priced, but some accounts that I've maintained for many years are still too low. I will have to gradually raise them so not to lose them.

Thank you everyone on this site for the great advice! What a wonderful resource. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

The fat lady is singing. :cry: :cry: :cry:
  2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Glad to hear of your success! Have some fun, kick back and relax and get ready for the snow or for spring! How many accounts do you have going into next season?
  3. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks J&R. Next spring I will be starting with at least 40 lawn accounts and 15 snow for starters this winter...all residential.

A few caretaking for the winter months too.
  4. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats! Mowing is basically over for me too!:clapping: