1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

TURNAER 26 Areator...whos got it

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Dras069, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Dras069

Dras069 LawnSite Member

just like to know how if it ideal for residental properties. is it a good areator or should i go with something else?
  2. somo1

somo1 LawnSite Member

I bought one last year with the chariot. Its very fast! It doesn't work as well in harder soils than my Classen split-drives do. It seems to be weighted differently. It works good in irrigated lawns and pulls a good plug.
  3. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

The TurnAer Aerator by Turfco comes in two sizes A smaller 4 row unit and a larger 6 row unit. Both are great for residential lawns. The big difference is size. If you are working on lawns under 8 to 10,000 sq ft most of the time I would go with the smaller TurnAer 4. It is very fast and manuverable and will go thru smaller gates. It will pull the chariot just fine so on the larger lawns you can put on the chariot and ride up to 6 mph to do the larger areas. The TurnAer 26 is much better on estate size lawns and will do over an acre an hour with the chariot. Both are very good on hills because of the disc braking system that controls the turning. You can see them at Turfco.com or call 1-800-679-8201 ext 119
  4. Dras069

Dras069 LawnSite Member

i say the avg. is 10,000 sq feet. about 1/3 though is close to about 1/2 to 3/4 of an acre::walking: