TurnAer26 Aerator by Turfco

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by littlenic, Jan 23, 2005.

1. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

I'm about to purchase the TurnAer26 by Turfco. I have used the search button quite a bit looking into aerators. I’ve narrowed it down to 3.

1) The new Billy Goat,
    2) The split drum Lesco made by Classing
    3) The TurnAer26 by Turfco

I'm going with the TurnAer26 by Turfco. I've read a few post on here and it seemed that the Billy Goat had a problem staying out of the shop and was being redesigned by the user problems encountered.

The TurnAer26 by Turfco seemed to offer the best I could find without any bad reviews so far. If anyone knows of any problems or has any input, please let me know.

Thanks, littlenic :cool2:
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I used the 20 from Turfco and I love it. Plus also with the 26 you can put a sulky on it as well. I am going to try to make one of my velke sulkies work this spring on my 20
  3. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

A very good choice!
  4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

$3000 plus and it's still a walk behind? I'm too lazy for that. I'm confused how you'd mount a sulky behind it too. It obviously isn't designed with that in mind, or they'd mention it in the ads.
  5. aw20536

aw20536 LawnSite Member

The sulky mounts to the rear 1x4 solid crossmember. Heavy and sturdy mount. All three (26,20, and sulky) are in the latest copy of Lawn & Landscape.
  6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I checked their website briefly and it looks to be about $800 more than the single drum version w/similar ( at a glance) specs.

Obviously a higher profit item for them.

If a sulky really worked well with this it'd be worth the money to me.
  7. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Grounds Maintenance magazine I got in today shows it on page 54 and has a Chariot sulky on it.
  8. Mycannon

Mycannon LawnSite Member

Whats wrong with the JRCO hooker aerator. It's about $1600 and will aerate up to 1.5 acre an hour
  9. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

can't get into tight spaces....

what is the core depth on the turfco aerator?
  10. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member