turned 2 bids down

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by robbo521, Mar 8, 2007.

1. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

fill bad but i just dont have the mowers to do it.it is a 17 apartment building unit about 8 acres and most of it flat out.no junk laying around,toys or stuff like that very nice place.she wanted cut,trim and blow.you could use a 72'' all over this place to get done.told her maybe next year.i new what the bid was before due to them going to church with me.the other was a run down place junk all over and small lots,bad part of town.both would have paid 3000 a month together.
  2. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Could you have gotten financing for a 72" mower? You could have had the loan paid off by the end of the season. Then you have a new, bigger piece of equipment free and clear next year to make a fat load of money with.

Just a thought.
  3. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

yes i did think about it but i still have a few payments on the one i got now.
  4. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Great oportunity to pick up a new peice of equipment. I would have been at my dealer in 10 minutes asking about financing. The money coming in would pay the new payments and maybe even help with the old. Like pearce said...the new equipment will be paid off by the end of the year.
  5. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak LawnSite Senior Member

Why would you turn down a bid if you can make money??? Eight acres, 17 blgds really isn't that big a 60" ZTR will realistly cut two+/hr, the 72 I had could do much better than that. To me if the numbers worked it's a no brainer.
  6. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

UH - I would run to the dealer after you secure the contract for a year. RUN RUN as fast as you can. Go after it like you own it.
  7. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

What about connecting with another LCO in the area, who you trust to sub it to, pay them xxx amount, pocket a little. They bill you, you bill the complex. Maybe this would secure a chance to take over servicing the place once you can afford the right equipment.
  8. spazfam

spazfam LawnSite Member

Matt thats a great idea! Keeps your foot in the door until you can service it yourself.