Turned my shed into an office

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jblawns123, Apr 5, 2009.

1. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

After years of fighting with the wife, kids, and pets to be quiet when im on the phone with a customer.... Or to stop putting things on my desk etc.... Which my office use to be in the house on one side of the master bedroom, I decided on turning my existing shed into an office.

For those wondering it is a few inches over 8 feet wide by 12 1/2 feet long.

I had all the windows given to me off a construction job in which the house had a fire on the opposite side of the house yet they replaced all the windows. I have had them on the floor in the shed for about 4 years just deciding what to do with them.

I ran a 20 amp circuit out, cable tv, LAN from the house, and a phone line.

My phone is corded with a cordless extension that stays inside the house which works as an intercom and is good for seeing who is calling when I choose to inside the house, as well as message retreival.

I have been using the office now for 3 weeks, I must say.... its the best single thing I have done for the business.

I love it, I insulated the office... put outlets for the tv on the wall and an outlet for a in the wall a/c unit later on. I heat it with a $24 on clearance oil/electric radiator from wally world. Keeps it toasty on the 2 setting out of 6.

Flooring is laminate trafficmaster that was on clearance at hope cheapo. Awesome handmade desk was donated from a fellow lawnsite member (Thanks!!).

An all in one laser canon unit takes care of faxing, printing and copying.

Future plans are small fridge and microwave for reheating coffee, A/C unit in the wall, and of course the second window casing and baseboard.

Here are some pics........

2. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

That is serious. That place looks amazing. Make sure you give us updates as you make it even better.
  4. Lawn_Boy

Lawn_Boy LawnSite Member

Awesome man cave!
  5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Sweet, that really looks good on the inside, it is surprising.
  6. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Needs a disco ball, and surround sound.:cool2:
  7. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Looks great
  8. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

Throw some pain on the outside and ull be cooking
  9. SIWEL

SIWEL LawnSite Senior Member

looks good i wish i had one
  10. that is nice, mine aint near theat big or nice, but I have AC.