turning in bid tommorow need help asap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmaster06, Jan 16, 2008.

1. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member

I want to price this job right because i could really use it .any help would very very greatfull.sorry no pics but i can tell you all the rundown.3.9 acres of pretty easy mowing ,around 2500ft of trimming ,4706 of edging plus blowing it all clean .I figure around 5.75to 6.5 hours ,there is also spring/fall clean up almost 5.5acres includes carports ,driveways, flower beds ,,turf ect.. I counted about 40 to 45 trees on site .there is also 280 5x5 bushes that also need tending .i came up with $12,647 for entire seasonal package sound to high to low or right please be honest

2. grassmaster06

come on neeeeeeeeed opinions

3. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

I came up with about $12400 for the season just cutting and i figured that would be 28 weeks also.

4. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

sounds kinda low to me would be around $12,480 just for the mowing alone at 26 cuts... i charge by the hour on mowing

5. enviouslawns

Ya thats like 80 an hour, i usually go for 90-100 per hour but on big comm. i give a lil break no lowballin or nothing. I lost a bid yesterday i quoted 175 per week and somebody else quoted $$$$75.00 per cut cant wait to se whos cutting it.

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Whatever you bid, round it up, don't submit something like $12,467, makes it look like you based it off some formula (which you did) but don't let the customer know this.

7. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

I average around $80 - $90 per hour on my large comm accounts... $ 80 is as low as i will go. I talked to a guy in Ricmond ,Va a few weeks ago who just bought a u.s lawn franchise , he said he was shooting for $35 an hour .... i don't think he will be in business very long at those rates

8. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know where in Michigan you are, but I will bet the winning bid comes in under $7000 for the season with the clean ups. The big companies are bidding jobs at $25-$35 bucks an acre or about $100-$140 a week on the cut plus the clean ups.

9. grassmaster06

i figured my hourly rate at 60per hour that includes salary office gas maint ins and everything else to run the buisness probably should raise it huh

10. enviouslawns

damn thats cheap as hell.........im in macomb around 25 mile, i only know of one huge company around here from what i here they are really lowww