Turning up the marketing?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by wright5223, Mar 4, 2011.

1. wright5223

wright5223 LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering is anyone else thinking about turning up there marketing this season i've ordered 20k postcards from plan-it graphics and I'm thinking about ordering more I'm looking to pick up about 20 more lawns.

2. CLS LLC

CLS LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I'm planning on passing out post cards as well. I've never hand delivered them before.

Just curious, how long do you think it will take you to pass out 20,000 post cards. How many can you do per day or per hour???

3. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I started a radio commercial Monday at 11am. The 1st call came in at 11:45 and have been coming in since. As of 1:53 pm today I have taken 19 calls for estimates, The fist estimate has already returned the work order with deposit and that was just a little $850 job. I have a total of 5 work orders and 5 estimates booked for tomorrow. T.V add starts a week from Monday on 2 local stations. If your not doing some kind of marketing this year, you will miss the boat.

James

4. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Myself and one of my workers will be going around ringing doorbells and handing out doorhangers to try and pick up more fert / squirt and mowing work. I don't care about the mowing as much as the other 2 services. We are going to try and steal business away from the big boys, Tru green etc...

We are going to start towards the end of March.

5. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

I'm gonna let word-of-mouth do it's thing again this year.

6. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I hit good this winter on a scratch ticket so I decided to pour that right into my marketting. couple of rounds of direct mail post cars for new fert customers, door hangers to hit my curent customers' neighbors with, another direct mail post card for grub control, have qoutes out to have both of my trucks completely wraped. i also designed post cards for mosquito control that will be addressed and mailed as soon as we hear news this summer of EEE or West Nile found in our area, (gotta prey on the scared) Prepaid for everything ahead of time as one large order to save a substantial amount.

Also doing work with GreenCare For Troops, this advertising has lead to a number of new paying customers. Have begun the process of setting up for radio psa's for this once it is a little warmer, this should lead to more paying customers aswell as some customers who qualify for the service

7. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

wow i didn't know radio worked that well! i will have to look into that.

if you don't mind me asking, what are the rates like for that? (so I know what to expect when I call the radio station)

8. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

That's pretty good, you sound pretty big to have radio and T.V. commercials, those sure aren't cheap lol.

My self i'm planning on getting around 1.5k fliers for direct mailling. Some of my small equipment will be getting my logo and phone number on it. My trailer will be getting lettered also.

9. JCResources

JCResources LawnSite Member

This year I'm getting back in the lawn business after selling out in 1997. So yes, we are turning up the marketing since we're starting from zero.

200 home made fliers so far along with a display ad in the local shopper.
    No calls yet, but it is the first week of March and we've only been marketing for a week.

I have an order for 1,000 door hangers in process.

What is the accepted conversion for fliers or door hangers? Seemed like we got about 2% when we did it years ago.

Thanks to all for the wealth of knowledge and help on this site. It would have been nice if this kind of community had been around when I was learning things the hard way in this business.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/JC-Resources/256225321177

10. tradeyouraccounts

tradeyouraccounts Banned

Id try the new ways of marketing "Social networks" Facebook twitter and the like that don't cost anything but time to develop