Turning up the RPM,s ??

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Synergy Ground, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

2007 60" XR7 w/LC Kawi. I have seen a few talks about turning the RPM,s up on engines. It seems to me my Super Z could use this adjustment. It seems to run at very low PM,s. Whats you're thoughts. I know they are set at the factory to run correct and provide maximum life, however, I do feel a few more couldn't possibly hurt. Especially running Amsoil, and a great service program. Please give you're thoughts.

Thanks,

TD

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would not go above the factory recommendation.
    For your engine that is 3600 RPM's no load.
    Have your dealer check and adjust if necessary.
    It could be out of adjustment.
    Also check and adjust your deck belt.
    Those 2 things will make a huge difference in cutting capabilities.

Pj

3. AdvoCare15

AdvoCare15 LawnSite Member

If your LC hasn't broke in yet it is a serious night and day difference. It's like flipping a switch at about 50 hours. Or, it could be out of adjustment too, we had to readjust our 28 efi, now it runs like it's supposed to. Before, it just seemed to now quite rap out.

4. AdvoCare15

AdvoCare15 LawnSite Member

I'm a dealer here, and it could be out of adjustment. We had to re-adjust a 28 efi and now it runs like a champ. Also, if the LC isn't broke in yet (about 50 hrs) it will be a night and day difference. If you've gone past the 50 hr mark by a bit, have it checked, otherwise I would recommend patience and see what happens.

5. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Thanks for the info, I will have my dealer check it out.