1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

TV Show About Lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Crazy, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Lawn Crazy

Lawn Crazy LawnSite Member

We're a TV production company looking for stories for a cable TV show about LAWNS. We're looking for lawn-obsessed homeowners who'll go to any lengths to get a perfect lawn, larger-than-life characters, experts. If you think you have an idea for us, let us know. (Sorry, East Coast only.)

Lawn Crazy

Here's a description of the show:

This is a show for every guy who suffers from lawn envy, which is… every guy. This special goes right the core of the American dream. We’ll show you the most jaw-dropping, amazing, amusing and lush lawns in the country, and the people who are obsessed with them.

This show is about guys like Frank Wray. Frank sets his alarm for 3:30 AM to make sure his automatic sprinklers go on. He will not let you walk on his lawn without first clipping soil-aerators onto your shoes. He contentedly mows, waters, fertilizes, edges, mulches, rakes, seeds and weeds pretty much all weekend. And it's about guys like Thad Johnson of Byran, Texas. He and his wife bought 60 cans of lawn paint to create the patriotic American flag design in his front yard.

They are not alone. 54 million Americans mow their lawns every weekend. Lawn care is a $30 billion industry.

We'll also show you a dazzling display technology and equipment... lawnmowers, edgers, tractors, timers, aerators and more.

Will shoot in summer 2005 for broadcast spring 2006.
  2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Wheres bobby, he'd be perfect for this show :D
  3. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

As a host or a guest?
  4. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

Just came in from mowing in the rain. Thanks KC for the good laugh. :jester:
  5. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

He would be a great mascot....."the mower mullet".
  6. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

My old boss used to have two sitckers on his truck one said "fear the mullet" and the other was "Mullets Rock!" cracked me up every time I saw them.
  7. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I figured if he was the host, he could start out by asking a question, wait for somebody to answer, and then tell them how foolish they are.

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

We probably all got people who spend 80% of their time thinking about their lawn. I have a few who qualify for obssessive compulsive lawn care group therepy
    Charles I got too much YARD!!! and then in the next sentence. Do you think we need to plant seed this year?? Areate? Same person.. My grass is getting too tall to fast. Why did we plant that tall fescue? Why did we fertalize? Charles--because you told me too. The same as you told me last year and the year before and the same as I told you NOT too and the same as you would not listen to me but listen to the neighbor up the street-- "who has such a pretty yard!!"

Another customer--I want you to mow my yard up and down in this section and side to side in this section and use a push mower in this little tiny square. And see that little blade of grass you missed way over there?? NOw you know thats not like you to miss any grass. Are you sick or something? NOw I want you to come back in 10 days and will call me in 7 days and ask me to come then :rolleyes:
  9. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have one for you. I would need to run it by him first. How do I hook you up to him? How do I know your not just jerkiing my chain?
  10. batdaddy044

batdaddy044 LawnSite Member

"Fescue 911"?or how about "Turf Watch"?