Twice a week service

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drew Gemma, May 13, 2008.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you price it? and sell it? How do you schedule it? days apart? We have 6 out of about 70 total stops. I have a hard time getting ppl to do it this way we bag almost everything. So if you want it bagged and it is big we cut it twice a week in the spring or we don't do it. Any input or how you do it also the price is the same both times. 4 days a week we come home with grass piled over the cab of the truck it sucks!
  2. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry but i never had that problem
  3. zurfsturfcare

zurfsturfcare LawnSite Senior Member

i charge the same everytime, we have a lot of acct's we are doing 2x a week, typically every 4-5 days, scheduling is a nightmare, good money tho
  4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

We do a few we usually mow and do the big cleaning one visit and the trimming fertilizing, flowers, irrigation, lights and light cleaning the other visit. We water pots both times. It depends on the clients preference as to what day we mow. We only go twice because of the high amount of hours needed at the homes per week.

I wouldn't do it for properties that were not close to my yard unless they were willing to pay for the additional drive time. The two visit thing is a good closer if you have some tough competition for the job.

You should look into a cab over dump truck for the clippings it is well worth the money.
  5. I'm with Zurfsturfcare. Every 4-5 days. I find that keeps up with unfertilized industry lawns.
    I caution them if it's fertilized I may need to cut every day! And at $500 per cut or more that gets their attention!
    Bluegrass grows wild around here. I'd have to screw something up pretty bad NOT to have a bluegrass lawn.

Though I do fert a little in the fall with the core aeration for root growth. But it's just CRAZY to apply nitrogen in the spring.

Find out who's doing it and stop them! Tell them "When it gets to 4" I cut it down to 3". If you continue to fertilize that will be every day!"

Now if they don't want someone who can do the job, and keep up with the lawn they may need to find someone else. Like someone who don't know what they're doing.
  6. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I do a 5 day rotation mon then friday then wen then mon then fri then wed. get the idea?