twicemonthly

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mark lagasse, May 4, 2006.

1. mark lagasse

mark lagasse LawnSite Member

customer only wants service twice monthly in prime growing season. Do you do what the customer wants or say no because it might reflect on your work. High end subdivision.
    Mark.

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I would try to convince them to go weekly, if you really want the job give them two separate prices. Make the every other week price almost double the weekly price. We usually tell them we need to come weekly or find someone else.

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

No....I offer my services on my terms, up to the customer if they want to accept. Not the other way around...

My policy is, all lawns are cut weekly, with the possiblility of less frequent service in mid-summer if conditions warrant it. But all customers sign up with the understanding that mowing is a weekly thing.

4. nekos

nekos LawnSite Member
    from chicago

i only mow weekly also .
    i have a few reasons why i wont mow every other week but the #1 reason is...
    people that want their grass cut bi weekly are almost always cheap PITA's.

5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I would say no or if you really need the money..mowing twice monthly I would double my price per mow.So your mowing twice but getting paid for 4 mows because it will be twice as hard to do.

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Your profile says you are a new startup, and most new LCO's are hungry for work, and I can understand you not wanting to turn them away. It would be nice to start out with all premium accounts, but that's not the way it works.
    We were actually able to slowly but surely switch a few of our every other week customers to weekly service, once they realized that the lawn looked so much better getting cut more often. I say take it for the time being, see if you can switch them to weekly as the season goes on, but make sure not to underbid this one. Every other week accounts are more work, unless it is a very slow growing lawn.

7. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

we offer twice monthly mowing. just take the brush hog out.

8. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

after their biweekly cut they will ***** and want it bagged or swept up since grass will be everywhere. prime growing season its hard to go past 10 days. try to get them to tri-monthly cuts.

9. mark lagasse

mark lagasse LawnSite Member

Thanks. Thats what I was thinking , twice the price or no thank you if you don't want weekly

10. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I would take the work. Let her know upfront that the quality of the work, only biweekly will not be as good as the service would if done weekly. Also, let her know that you could do it weekly through prime growing times and switch to biweekly later. Charge her more for biweekly if she wants it and let her know that you have a "high grass" surcharge. If the grass gets over a certain point, charge her $5-10 extra.