Two applications of pre-emergent

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jondcoleman, Aug 12, 2008.

1. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

premium program consists of...

RD1: all liquid, very low rate of 3:1:2 urea triazone solution, iron citrate, prodiamine at 5 month rate.

RD2: granular Dimension at 0.35# ai/A + liquid Dimension 2EW BP sprayed along hard surfaces. Liquid WC.

summer: Iron citrate + biostimulant

2. jondcoleman

jondcoleman LawnSite Member

A lot of people are saying that they put down dimension at 4lbs./M and this seems like a lot. Is this with a fertilizer because I was looking at lesco and the lowest fert they have with .10 or .15 is 19-0-6 I think. That would mean you are putting down .76 lbs. of fert. Isn't that too much for a spring app?

3. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Not at all for KB. 1lb is max but imo that is too much. 4lbs of N per year is what's recommended around here.

4. kratzsc

kratzsc LawnSite Member
    from 66227

Timing is everything in Pre-M control. Crabgrass germinates when soil temp. reach 55F. No reason to put down chemicals in March when they will not be needed until later in the season.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Too much nitrogen? Probably not if you are in bluegrass country. Only about a half pound is available--the rest is slow release. Even in cool weather bluegrass would be up and growing. Growth will be slow because of low temperatures, excess growth should not be a problem. Nitrogen in hot weather is more problematic--in the mid south this might cause disease from what I have heard--no personal experience here.

Shop around--find a lower nitrogen fert or more slow release with a good crab control, if you need it. Also do not do lime application if not needed--do a few soil tests.

6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

You can get them on 007 or 13-2-5 as well as the 19-0-6 all three are pretty standard sku's

But @ 4lbs /k the 19-0-6 is putting down 3/4 N which to me is fine depending on what you did for you winter round.