TWO BLADE SYSTEM FOR EXMARK

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tazz, Apr 9, 2000.

1. tazz

tazz LawnSite Member
    from georgia

HAVE READ THIS DISCUSSION BEFORE BUT MISSED SOME IMPORTANT FACTORS. KEEPING THE BLADES IN THE RIGHT POSTION.LAZER SAID THAT EXMARK MADE ADAPTOR FOR THIS. I ASKED MY EXMARK DEALER THEY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT A PART NUMBER WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP<br>

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have used the double blades for the past 12 years and never used anything to hold the blades in place exept the bolts. They will stay in place unless you hit something big. If they move, loosen the bolt and fix it. Not a big deal.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Would there be a drawback to, say, drilling two small holes going thru both blades, and using two roll pins to hold the blades in the X position? Should be easy to separate them to sharpen, and stay put when bolted down.<p>Bill

4. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

MY EXMARK DEALER COULDN'T FIND WHAT LAZER WAS TALKING ABOUT,BUT YOU SHOULDN'T NEED ANYTHING BUT LONGER BOLTS.I TRIED TO DOUBLE THEM UP ON MY 72&quot;LAZER BUT I DIDN'T LIKE THE LOOKS OF THE BOLTS,TOO SHORT.ON MY DIXIE THEY WORK JUST FINE WITH THE STOCK BOLTS,I STILL HAVEN'T HAD A CHANCE TO LOOK FOR LONGER BOLTS THAT WILL STAND-UP TO THE ABUSE BUT THEY SHOULDN'T BE HARD TO FIND.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Ace Hardware usually has a good selection of grade 8 bolts.

6. mikeslawncare

mikeslawncare LawnSite Member

The Exmark part# for these adapters is 523104. These adapters were originally designed for the old style 60&quot; deck with a 1/2&quot; hole in the center so they will need to be drilled out to 5/8&quot;. These adapters will work on a new style 60&quot; deck but not the 72&quot; deck because the blades are wider and will not fit between the positioning tabs on the adapter. According to my dealer, none are made that will work with the 72&quot; deck. You also need to get 1/2&quot; longer bolts to fasten the blades.